Solutions Architect -Islanida, NY
As Solution Architect, your specific job responsibilities will focus on designing network and systems solutions and scoping professional services engagements for enterprise clients in the region.
– Must have 8+ years of Cisco sales engineering experience, with a focus on pre-sales, route/switching, and data center solutions.
– Must have in-depth CCIE level experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, firewalls, routing protocols; including demonstrated design, consulting and deployment skills in the Enterprise environment.
– Must have experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting Cisco Routers (8XX, 18XX, 19XX, 28XX, 29XX, 38XX, 39XX) Cisco Catalyst Switches (2960, 3560, 3750, 4500 and 6500, 6800), and Cisco Nexus switches (7000, 5000, 2000, 9000), all Cisco ASA Firewall lines
– Must have experience with the following protocols/technologies: OSI Model, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, VLAN, EIGRP, VTP, Spanning Tree, SNMP, SSH, Trunking, EtherChannel, VPN, VSS, vPC
– Must have CCNP or CCIE level expertise (certification is a plus)
– Strong customer relationship skills, teaming skills, and documentation skill
– Must Possess a forward-thinking mindset that can assist in identifying risks and constraints, as well as the ability to work around challenges with due diligence.
– Good understanding of sales processes and experience in working with VAR (value added reseller) systems integrators.
– Experience and understanding “beyond the network” in a service provider environment, (i.e.: cognizant of the “big picture”).
– In-depth knowledge and understanding of the communication functions and constraints of components which traverse a network such as server applications, databases, and storage.
– Strong understanding and experience in integrating security requirements into network architecture.
– Strong and effective interpersonal skills with comfort in delivering presentations to groups.
– Motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
– Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities to meet business goals.
– Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
– Must possess stellar oral communications and writing skills.
- Experience working with Cisco Wireless Solutions.
- Experience working with Citrix Xen solutions.
- Experience in SAN storage; EMC, EqualLogic, NetAPP, Compellent,
- Experience/certification with VMware ESX 3,4, and 5.
- Experience/certification with Microsoft Hyper–V 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Preferable to have MCSE or MCP in Microsoft server 2008 or 2012;
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Experience with a variety of server hardware platforms including Client, IBM, Cisco UCS, and Dell server technologies.
To Apply Send Your Resume To: michelle@turningpointsearch.