Senior CITRIX Systems Engineer – Islandia, NY
Under general supervision of the Director of Engineer, the Citrix Systems Engineer is a technical leader responsible for the design, implementation, and performance of Citrix virtualization systems and their availability. This senior level engineer designs, monitors, and maintains specified Citrix systems. The ideal candidate will be able to lead in planning and managing of medium to large sized projects as well. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate innovative design, configuration, installation, and troubleshooting skills with a senior level of knowledge for multiple Citrix practices and systems. The Systems Engineer works well with teammates, other teams, customers, stakeholders, and has the ability to mentor junior level engineers.
- Will provide design, implementation, and support for Citrix Xen App, Xen Desktop, and VDI-in-a-box deployments and existing environments.
- Responsibility/Accountability with system design and implementations including system architecture design, disaster recovery procedures, developing project requirements, software installations, and configurations.
- May be assigned design and implementation responsibilities for systems of high complexity.
- Responsible for understanding unique details of assigned systems, working closely with users, and application administrators on upgrades and problem resolution, providing incident and change management support.
- Performs system upgrades of Citrix environments as well as performance tuning.
- Is a subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Prioritizes work appropriately, carrying out assignments with the appropriate level of direction and completes tasks within deadlines. Monitors work progress, informing team leaders, managers, and/or customers of project statuses, issues, or obstacles in a timely manner. The Citrix Systems Engineer will also be expected to provide timely and accurate status reports and will possess stellar documentation and communication skills.
- Provides accurate and up to date system, site, and project documentation. Provides appropriate documentation for scheduling of resources. Creates and maintains system reports such as uptime/availability, system utilization and growth.
- 5+ years of experience working with Citrix XenApp 5.0, 6.0, 6.5, or 7 required
- Experience with Citrix XenAPP, XenMobile, XenDesktop, NetScaler is mandatory
- Proficient with Microsoft group policy objects and using GPOs to optimize Citrix deployments.
- Proficient with Thin clients and zero client hardware.
- Proficient with unified profile management and Citrix printing. .
- Working experience with design, implementation, and support for Citrix Xen App, Xen Desktop, and VDI-in-a-box deployments and existing environments
To Apply Send Your Resume To: michelle@turningpointsearch.