Senior Build, Release and Tools Engineer – Chicago or Ann Arbor
As the Build, Release & Tools Engineer, you will be responsible for interfacing with the application development teams and ensure the build and release requirements are addressed throughout the development lifecycle for our trading products that are deployed globally on our own servers co-located in datacenters as well using 3rd party cloud service providers. You are passionate about Build & Release management and have experience in working with & managing tools/applications/OS like SVN, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Fish Eye, Team City/Jenkins, Shell/Perl/Groovy, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jetbrains IntelliJ IDEA, Windows, Mac, Linux etc. You would be working with Development & Test teams to keep the builds clean & build quality into the product using practices like automated unit & regression test.
• Build artifact for trading applications by following build & setup engineering guidelines, understanding build framework, following best practices for Build and configuring entities & applications as required.
• Manage & maintain source code repository in SVN/GIT, write hooks for branch locks, improve practices of branching, code merge & tagging policies, establish process control points and configure SVN/GIT to the custom needs of development team.
• Create & maintain a single click end-to-end automated deployment tool that will be used in setting up dev boxes, environments and sandboxes.
• Improve build process by automating the build related tasks leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
2: Manage and Maintain
• Manage & maintain workflow management process in JIRA.
• Manage & maintain test repository in Polarion or similar tool.
• Manage & maintain continuous integration system in Team City/Jenkins.
• Manage & maintain team collaboration process in Confluence.
• Manage & maintain build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle.
• Manage & maintain various deployment scripts written in Perl, Shell, Groovy etc…
• Manage & support developer and QA environments.
• Manage & support user on-boarding process.
• Setup & maintain the archive of software releases for major/minor/patch releases.
• Setup & maintain static & dynamic code analysis tools.
• 4 year college degree
• BE/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience as a Build/Release engineer in a large server farm/environment
• Strong programming/scripting background with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Languages experience: Java and/or C++, Objective-C, Python, Perl, Groovy
• Experience of working with code repositories like SVN, GIT & automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Team City/Jenkins, Fish Eye etc…
• Experience with software build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, continuous integration build systems like Team City, Jenkins, Hudson, etc., experience working with cloud platforms and deployment tools like Chef/Puppet
• Experience of using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests & regression tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sandbox environments etc.
• Experience of Building & Packaging Mobile applications would be an added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment & independently while tackling complex problems
• Experience with network, system, firewall administration.
To Apply Send Your Resume To: michelle@turningpointsearch.