Performance Automation Test Lead – Chicago, IL
18 Months Contract to Hire
Direct Hire Only
· Demonstrate the ability to understand architectures, pinpoint problem areas.
· Communicate status, risks to delivery, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams.
· Participate in discussions and planning with development teams.
· Review test deliverables such as test plans, test scripts, results analysis, capacity planning guides for in-flights releases
· Coordinate technical presentations and training
· Support Automation and Performance Manager in upward stakeholder management and day-to-day management
· Work closely with offshore vendors to deliver projects on time, with quality, and within budget.
· People responsibilities
· Maintain effective and consistent communication with the team , peers, leaders within the TCOE, as well as partners across the organization
· Ability to coach and mentor peers and other team members as a part of driving a high performance culture
· Educate teams on performance testing processes, methodology, performance and scalability, and the science of testing
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Minimum of 8 years of experience in Performance Testing role
2. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
3. Minimum of 3 years of managing teams with project delivery
4. Advanced knowledge of HP Toolset including Quality Center, Load Runner, and Quick Test Pro
5. Experience working in a client-facing role
6. Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and change
7. Strong time management, interpersonal communication, organizational and decision making skills
8. Ensure project deliverables are in compliance with Northern Trust standards, including appropriate project documentation archival and sign-off as required corporate standards
9. Ability to forecast resource capacity and evaluate against project demand
10. Experience in managing complex issues and risks, including appropriate verbal and written communication at all levels (upward, peer-to-peer and team)
11. Assist with defining and baseline scope within the project constraints (budget, time, etc.) to meet the project objectives
12. Approve consulting timesheets; participate in hiring of consultants and conduct staff onboarding and off boarding
13. Experience in working within the Financial Industry, a plus.